From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1088941 [1/3] - in /couchdb/trunk: ./ src/ src/couchdb/ src/ejson/ src/ejson/yajl/ test/etap/ utils/
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:13:14 GMT
On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 7:06 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 5 Apr 2011, at 12:13, Filipe David Manana wrote:
>
>> Thanks BenoƮt.
>>
>> The reason to have mochijson2 inside the ejson application it's
>> because it's a "separate" application.
>> This was suggested by Paul via irc a few days ago. I really have no
>> strong opinion about this.
>> If most people agree on doing the fallback in the CouchDB code
>> (couch_util), and not in the ejson module, I'm fine with it.
>
> I'd also prefer to not ship & maintain the same file twice.
>
> Cheers
> Jan

Yeah, that was my suggestion. In theory in the future I think I might
end up cutting into mochijson2 liberally so that it matches the
behaviour of the NIF more closely for some specific edge cases. For
the time being getting rid of it is fine as well. Its only a mild
irritation having that dep on mochiweb in the json parser.