From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Source tree refactoring - TESTERS NEEDED
Date Mon, 27 Dec 2010 00:31:37 GMT
On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 12:53 AM, Paul Davis
> <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Its not being done in trunk. The change is being prepared as a script
>> and set of patches that people can test independently which people
>> have been doing.
>>
> Not what I say. Was about testing it first in it's own branch. But
> right patches are enough. Just actually i'm not sure how i can edit
> one or go further ? Another patch ? What's your process to make such
> patches at first ? stashes ?

I use the generated git repo to formulate all of the various patches.
There are git-save and git-restore commands for the srcmv.py script
that work as expected by saving patches to the couchdb.patches
directory.

>> I reckon it'll be handled exactly the same as any of the Java projects
>> that contain multiple packages, as in, absolutely nothing changes.
>>

> mmm, but if we use rebar, how can we tell him to go for x packages. If
> we consider,  each package could be replaced separatly on custom
> distributions ?

This is a scenario that is so distant I'm not going to spend time
thinking about it right now. The current work would in no way allow
for someone to do such things and it will be many many months before
we have things to a point before we can entertain such notions.