From Bram Neijt <bne...@gmail.com>
Subject Need help/feedback implementing validate_doc_get
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 12:18:32 GMT
Dear developers,

After going into the theoretical depths[1] of what performance hits
there may be and how replication will be affected, I've decided to
just implement a simple solution and see how far I can get.

I've decided to try to implement a validate_doc_get function, in the
same manner as the validate_doc_update has been implemented. I've been
reading the code and I've gotten as far as finding
prep_and_validate_updates and handle_doc_show and I'm now thinking of
copying and pasting some logic in to see where it gets me.

I would love some advice on the matter and welcome any comments/feedback.

Greets,

Bram

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/PerDocumentAuthorization
PS If properly implemented, validate_doc_get will not fix all problems
and you will still need a firewall like system, however it may give
some insight into where to go from there.