From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Remove 0.9 upgrade code?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 20:13:34 GMT
Hello all,

While doing an experiment, I started removing all the 0.9 file format
upgrade code. This significantly reduces the amount of code we have:

https://github.com/fdmanana/couchdb/commit/ab910576ae7bdfb852971aed17a7a91150de651d

(please ignore a few other minor changes done in that diff)

Do we still need this code? 0.9 is really old, and since we are close
to release 1.1, I'm not sure if it makes sense to keep that upgrade
code.
Haven't tested, but I heard a few times from friends that opening with
1.0.1 a DB file created with 0.10 didn't work properly (therefore
likely to not work as well with a 0.9 file).

regards,

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org