From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Source tree refactoring - TESTERS NEEDED
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 22:43:48 GMT
Heya,

I've just finished getting the refactoring of the source tree to be
more compliant with OTP source code layout. This is a pretty big move
so I'd like at least a couple other people to test this. If you have a
platform that is not OS X or Ubuntu, consider this an extra special
request so that we have confidence that I haven't broken one of the
uncommon platforms.

The repo for the scripts and patches are at [1]. You should be able to
get a fully refactored couch with:

    $ git clone git://github.com/davisp/couchdb-srcmv.git
    $ cd couchdb-srcmv
    $ ./srcmv.py

Once you have that, there's a couchdb.git subdirectory that is a
checkout of the entire source tree. Once there, you can build and test
couchdb as per normal. Also, I would appreciate anyone that goes the
extra effort and runs the install into a tmp location and runs the
Futon tests on the installed version to make sure everything still
passes.

Ideally I'd like to get this into trunk fairly shortly so that it has
as long as possible to sit in trunk before we cut 1.2.x. Let me know
if there are any comments or complaints on it.

Paul Davis

[1] https://github.com/davisp/couchdb-srcmv