From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: minimum required Erlang version
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 22:43:52 GMT
On Dec 7, 2010, at 5:40 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi, the mochiweb we're shipping in 1.1.0 has abandoned support for R12B05, so we
should revisit our minimum required Erlang version.  Do we have a compelling reason for supporting
anything below R13B04?  That release introduces support for recursive type specifications,
which are useful when describing revision trees and JSON objects to dialyzer.

>> Regards, Adam
>
> +1 for R13something.

Paul, is there a NIF-based argument for a particular R13 release?  I know we don't use NIFs
in 1.1.x, but it'd be nice to limit the number of times we have to bump.

Adam