From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB OTP
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 15:26:43 GMT
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM, Tristan Sloughter
<tristan.sloughter@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a great discussion and I want it to keep going. But I'm going to try
> to lay out how I plan to move forward and hopefully this will help in the
> future.
>
> I'm going to use autotools for building only the C pieces and not for
> anything else. I want to be able to use this as a normal release/target
> system afterwards installed like any other. So I don't want to use something
> for placing config files or whatever. I know that won't mold well with the
> normal CouchDB use-case but maybe its simple to do both... Or I'll realize
> thats futile and do something with setting where configs live through
> sys.config when its passed to erlexec...

I haven't yet spent much time contemplating how these bits are going
to interact. I'll be very interested to see how you approach things
here to make things work with Rebar and Sinan.

> Anyway, I'd hope my fork could be seen as a testbed of sorts. As I said, it
> should be buildable with rebar as well.

Having an example on how the code looks using Sinan or Rebar will be
an awesome start as I begin digging into how some of the unexciting
parts of the build. I'll be watching your repo as you hack there and
if you don't mind I plan on using you as a sounding board while I
puzzle through these different parts.

Paul Davis