From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject New Externals: Implemented with tests
Date Fri, 01 Oct 2010 22:43:50 GMT
Hey everyone,

I've gone and implemented the two features discussed in [1] with the
goal of using them to replace the current _externals API. The code is
up at [2]. I'd like to get a couple people to build and run the tests
(./bootstrap && ./configure && make dev && make check) to make sure
everything is sane. Let me know if you have any comments or
suggestions. If a couple people report back with successful test runs
I'll probably push this to trunk in the next couple days barring
someone raising a serious objection.

There's also a blog post at [3] that describes the current situation
with words and stuff.

Paul Davis

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/201009.mbox/%3CAANLkTinv+-eqqraCjajVxzXA=soyCo_Pk1cs8MMCVXHT@mail.gmail.com%3E
[2] http://github.com/davisp/couchdb/tree/new_externals