From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: endkey doesn't obey limit parameter and always returns entries starting with offset 0
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2010 04:04:35 GMT
It's possible to do it that way, it just needs a way to navigate down the correct btree nodes
and it's pretty cheap. But it ceases to be cheap with partitioned setups, like in BigCouch.

Also since the index can change between reads, using offset may produce values out of order,
duplicate or skipped values in your UI. Startkey + docid generally produces better semantics.

-Damien