From Nikolai Teofilov <n.teofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Replication bug in 1.0.1?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 15:30:09 GMT
Hi,

I should better ask before I open a ticket. I think it is a kind of replication bug:

Steps to reproduce on CouchDB 1.01:

1. Create a database 'test' on a CouchDB server. Note must be somewhere on remote location
not local!!!
2. Put document 'doc' to the remote db.
3. Create local database 'test'
4. Pull replication from the local server:

curl -X POST -d '{"source":"test","target": "'http://remote-location:5984/test'" }'  http://localhost:5984/_replicate

5. Attach a text file to the replicated document on the local db
6. Push replication from the local server:

curl -X POST -d '{"source": "'http://remote-location:5984/test'","target": "test" }'  http://localhost:5984/_replicate

7. Try to DELETE the document on the remote database location.

There are two documents with the same name but different revision numbers. You can see this
just if you try to delete the document.
If you repeat the procedure for another attachment you have to delete two documents before
you delete the whole document record.
The revision number is incremented and the replication makes another copy of the document
with the same name  but different revision number on the remote database. This happens only
with documents containing attachments and only by replication between different databases
on different servers.

I was able to reproduce this with CouchdDB (1.0.1) on MacOSX, WinXP and Win7 changing the
rules of local and remote servers.

Cheers
Nikolai