From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Replication bug in 1.0.1?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 23:44:18 GMT
Hi Nikolai, I'm not sure I understand.  In step 4 you said "pull replication" but what you
actually did was push the local (empty?) test database to the remote server.  After that the
subsequent steps don't make sense.  Can you try describing the steps again?  Best,

Adam

http://localhost:5984/_replicate

> 5. Attach a text file to the replicated document on the local db
> 6. Push replication from the local server:
>
> curl -X POST -d '{"source": "'http://remote-location:5984/test'","target": "test" }'
 http://localhost:5984/_replicate

> 7. Try to DELETE the document on the remote database location.
>
> There are two documents with the same name but different revision numbers. You can see
this just if you try to delete the document.
> If you repeat the procedure for another attachment you have to delete two documents before
you delete the whole document record.
> The revision number is incremented and the replication makes another copy of the document
with the same name  but different revision number on the remote database. This happens only
with documents containing attachments and only by replication between different databases
on different servers.

> I was able to reproduce this with CouchdDB (1.0.1) on MacOSX, WinXP and Win7 changing
the rules of local and remote servers.