From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: Releasing 1.0.1
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 00:24:03 GMT

On Aug 3, 2010, at 5:09 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 4 Aug 2010, at 01:00, J Chris Anderson wrote:
>
>> Agreed. This is more like: we're ready and due for a release. I started talking to
some Ubuntu folks about it, and they were like "it might be too late" and I was like "even
for bugfixes" and the were like "maybe it's not too late for bugfixes."

>> Anyway, if we miss the boat, 1.0 will ship in the next Ubuntu release, and that's
not too bad (except that it has a couple of nasty bugs replicating design docs...)

> If it's important to them, they could package an SVN revision.
>
> But yes, okay. : )

It's probably more important to us than it is to them. I'd be more blasé about it if they
were some tiny distro, but they are probably the biggest real world deployment of CouchDB,
so it's extra important to do what we can to put our best foot forward there.

Chris