From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data loss
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 19:49:32 GMT
Done.

The public site should update within the hour.

The official distribution directory no longer has 1.0.0, but the mirrors will for another
24 hours.

On 8 Aug 2010, at 20:43, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On 8 Aug 2010, at 21:24, Noah Slater wrote:
>
>> What you are suggesting isn archival of the release, which means removing it from
the downloads page, the distribution directory, and the mirrors. I can do this, but I'd like
to know that we have consensus first. The plan as I understood it was to archive this release
at the same time as making the 1.0.1 release.

> I'd like to follow that plan.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --
>

>> On 8 Aug 2010, at 20:21, Robert Dionne wrote:
>>
>>> I would also consider removing the download link for 1.0.0 and not depend on
users patching it. It's broken.

>>> I have to believe there are users who won't and who won't read the red sign.
There's a good probability these are the kinds of users who will also be the most upset by
data loss

I plan to move the document from this wiki location to the http://couchdb.apache.org site
before the end of the day. Please review and edit the document before then.

of the error and the fix. I'm hoping Adam or Randall can write this, as they are most familiar
with the issues.

in) and have nothing more to add myself, but I'd appreciate if Adam or Randall could add a
few more tech bits.

at risk?

a release after the fact. It's probably up to use to decide what to do.

is to release a new version and deprecate the old one, while optionally keeping it around
for posterity.

pull the 1.0.0 release off of the downloads page, etc.

announcing the issue and the remedy, as well as digging into how we can prevent this sort
of thing in the future.

end of the weekend, with very clear steps to remedy it. (Eg: config delayed_commits to false
*without restarting the server* etc)

w...