From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data loss
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 10:45:23 GMT

On 8 Aug 2010, at 06:35, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Aug 7, 2010, at 8:45 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
>
>> is this serious enough to justify pulling current 1.0.0 release
>> binaries to avoid further installs putting data at risk?
>>

> I'm not sure what Apache policy is about altering a release after the fact. It's probably
up to use to decide what to do.

Altering releases are a no-no. The only real procedure is to release a new version and deprecate
the old one, while optionally keeping it around for posterity.

> Probably as soon as 1.0.1 is available we should pull the 1.0.0 release off of the downloads
page, etc.

+1.

> I also think we should do a post-mortem blog post announcing the issue and the remedy,
as well as digging into how we can prevent this sort of thing in the future.

> We should make an official announcement before the end of the weekend, with very clear
steps to remedy it. (Eg: config delayed_commits to false *without restarting the server* etc)

I think so, too.

Cheers
Jan