From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject _replicator DB into trunk
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 15:28:01 GMT
Hi all,

It's been a while since I wrote the _replicator DB patch (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-776 ).

I'm thinking about commiting it into trunk soon, so it will be more
exposed for others to test it as well. Raise your hand if you don't
agree.

Benoît also added a nice GUI to Futon (screenshot attached to the Jira
ticket). Benoît, can you commit it after my commit?

Also, according to Benoît's use cases, he thinks the _replicator DB
should only be accessible by server admins. This makes sense because
the replication documents might contain credentials in the source or
target properties (e.g. http://someuser:somepasswd@myhost.com/somedb).
However I'm not sure if it should be like that by default. It's just a
matter of updating the security object of the _replicator DB. Lets see
what the community thinks about it.

cheers

--
Filipe David Manana,