From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data loss
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 12:10:28 GMT

On 8 Aug 2010, at 13:48, Noah Slater wrote:

> Do we need to abort 0.11.2 as well?

0.11.x does not have this commit as far as I can see.

Cheers
Jan
--

> On 8 Aug 2010, at 11:45, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

>>> I'm not sure what Apache policy is about altering a release after the fact. It's
probably up to use to decide what to do.

>> Altering releases are a no-no. The only real procedure is to release a new version
and deprecate the old one, while optionally keeping it around for posterity.

>>> Probably as soon as 1.0.1 is available we should pull the 1.0.0 release off of
the downloads page, etc.

>> +1.
>>
>>> I also think we should do a post-mortem blog post announcing the issue and the
remedy, as well as digging into how we can prevent this sort of thing in the future.

>>> We should make an official announcement before the end of the weekend, with very
clear steps to remedy it. (Eg: config delayed_commits to false *without restarting the server*
etc)