From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: data recovery tool progress
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:42:35 GMT
IRC heating up again a bit.

Volker and I compared node counts for a DB we had written.  Initially his algorithm couch_db_repair_b:repair/1
found 1 more node than my couch_db_repair:find_nodes_quickly/1.  This turned out to be a local_btree
node, which is suppressed in the latter code.

On my laptop the testwritesdb replicates about 1 node root / sec into lost+found.  With 26000+
roots this would take 7+ hours, so I think it's too early to assume that the merger got stuck.

Obviously, this means we need to prune down that set of lost nodes requiring replication.
I think the way to do this is to find all DB headers and remove all nodes they point to (directly
or indirectly).  Anyone up for it?

Adam