From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiview on github
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 01:49:47 GMT
On 08/18/2010 03:26 AM, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Norman Barker wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have made the changes as recommended, adding a test case
>> multiview.js and also adding the userCtx to open the db.
>>
>> I have also forked geocouch and this is available here
>>

> this patch seems important (especially as people are already asking for help using it
on user@)

> to get it committed, it either must remove the dependency on GeoCouch, or become part
of CouchDB when (and if) GeoCouch becomes part of CouchDB.

> Is it possible / useful to make a version that doesn't use GeoCouch? And then to make
the GeoCouch capabilities part GeoCouch for now?

> Chris

Hi Norman,

if the patch is ready for trunk, I'd be happy to move the GeoCouch bits
to GeoCouch itself (as GeoCouch isn't ready for trunk yet).

Lately I haven't been that responsive when it comes to GeoCouch, but
that will change (in about a month) after holidays and FOSS4G.

Cheers,
   Volker