From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiview on github
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 07:28:35 GMT
Hi Norman,

wow, I didn't know it hat GeoCouch support. Sounds great! I need to have
a closer look. Not just now (sorry for that).

Cheers,
   Volker

On 08/06/2010 02:26 AM, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> The code looks clean (but could use better comments about where in the flow each module
comes into play). I don't think we can guess about performance, instead we should benchmark
to make sure the ring approach is right.

> In CouchDB currently, it is possible to isolate requests against a single db. So you
use the security settings to prevent access to databases, etc. For this, using the userCtx
and switching away from couch_db:open_int() would make a big difference.

> This way people can query across dbs if they have read access to all of them.
>
> I think if you package this as a CouchDB fork on Github and add a few JavaScript tests,
it will be really useful for some folks. I like that it has geo support. Maybe we can target
it for inclusion in trunk just after GeoCouch goes in trunk (if Volker wants to put it in.)

> Also, for realtime hacking on this, you might find that the #couchdb IRC channel on Freenode
is a good place to solicit feedback. There are a lot of people on there doing Geo things that
would benefit from this. (They really wanna be able to intersect a Geo query with a Map Reduce
query, etc.)