incubator-couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data loss
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 11:48:00 GMT
Do we need to abort 0.11.2 as well?

On 8 Aug 2010, at 11:45, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> 
> On 8 Aug 2010, at 06:35, J Chris Anderson wrote:
> 
>> 
>> On Aug 7, 2010, at 8:45 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
>> 
>>> is this serious enough to justify pulling current 1.0.0 release
>>> binaries to avoid further installs putting data at risk?
>>> 
>> 
>> I'm not sure what Apache policy is about altering a release after the fact. It's
probably up to use to decide what to do. 
> 
> Altering releases are a no-no. The only real procedure is to release a new version and
deprecate the old one, while optionally keeping it around for posterity.
> 
> 
>> Probably as soon as 1.0.1 is available we should pull the 1.0.0 release off of the
downloads page, etc.
> 
> +1.
> 
>> I also think we should do a post-mortem blog post announcing the issue and the remedy,
as well as digging into how we can prevent this sort of thing in the future.
>> 
>> We should make an official announcement before the end of the weekend, with very
clear steps to remedy it. (Eg: config delayed_commits to false *without restarting the server*
etc)
> 
> I think so, too.
> 
> Cheers
> Jan
> --
> 
>> 
>> 
>>> On 8 August 2010 15:08, Randall Leeds <randall.leeds@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> Yes. Adam already back ported it.
>>>> 
>>>> Sent from my interstellar unicorn.
>>>> 
>>>> On Aug 7, 2010 8:03 PM, "Noah Slater" <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> Time to abort the vote then?
>>>> 
>>>> I'd like to get this fix into 1.0.1 if possible.
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> On 8 Aug 2010, at 02:28, Damien Katz wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>> Thanks.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Anyone up to create a repair tool for w...
>>>> 
>> 
> 


Mime
View raw message