From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: Releasing 1.0.1
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:52:59 GMT

On 4 Aug 2010, at 00:30, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> Generally, we are now in the pink part of the chart. Ubuntu would be happiest if we gave
them releases in the yellow part of the chart. The closer it gets to the red part of the chart,
the more likely they are to say it's not worth the trouble to do the work to vet / package
1.0.1. The vagueness of their schedule is part of the reason I'm suddenly feeling the rush.

To summarise my previous email: if release timing is important to you, push to get it co-ordinated
before-hand. We can't be expected to care about people needing things Real Soon Now without
some active involvement from them.