From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r983857 - in /couchdb/site/htdocs: community/committers.html community/lists.html index.html index.txt notice/1.0.1.html notice/1.0.1.txt notice/full_commit.js
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:06:51 GMT

On Aug 10, 2010, at 3:07 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 10 Aug 2010, at 06:36, J Chris Anderson wrote:
>

>> On Aug 9, 2010, at 10:15 PM, jchris@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Author: jchris
>>> Date: Tue Aug 10 05:15:33 2010
>>> New Revision: 983857

>>> Log:
>>> update the site to include a link from the home page to the 1.0.0 bug notice.
also add a bookmarklet for full commit

>> It should be noted that build.py could not handle building the 1.0.1.html page, with
the bookmarklet in place. I think the % signs in the URL encoded javascript URL were throwing
off the build script.

>> For this reason, the notice/1.0.1.html page must have the bookmarklet manually reinserted
into it whenever the site is built. The bookmarklet code is in full_commit.js

> We absolutely need to fix this.
>
> Does anyone fancy looking at how we can get this through markdown without error?

It's not markdown that's at issue it's the % string formatting stuff (native python) I think.

Because the pages can be templates AND markdown.

Eg it erroneously thinks the URL encoding is trying to be stuff like %(title)s

Chris