From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: delayed_commits false
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 01:18:59 GMT

>> Maybe the thing to do is to put a note about this config item somewhere
>> prominent in Futon. The Configuration page is obvious, but not prominent
>> enough.

I've got a nice little paragraph sitting on the config page in Futon (good enough, I think)

For the strongest consistency guarantees, <tt>delayed_commits</tt> should be set
for single-user performance. For more details see the CouchDB wiki on Delayed Commits.

The only issue is that there is no such wiki page (or at least I can't find one.)

Anyone care to summarize the full-commit tradeoff in a user-friendly way? If you are up for
doing that, but aren't up to editing the wiki, even just replying to this thread with the
language would be helpful, and then I can put the page up and I'll add this documentation
to trunk for 1.0

Chris