From mickael.bai...@free.fr
Subject Designer add-on for Futon
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 13:30:57 GMT
Hello Couchers,

for 1 month now I'm coding a new futon page : the goal is to ease the developper of CouchDB
views/lists/shows through Futon web interface. I called it "futon designer" because I really
suck at finding supercool marketing names.

The interface is an HTML5 application, in the sense that it uses the canvas html5 tag.

I use the bespin embeded editor, that provides as-you-type syntax highlighting.
I tried to mimic the existing futon code as much as possible. Now it's working good enough
for my personnal use. Here are some screenshots :

http://img10.hostingpics.net/pics/423266futon_designer_home.png
http://img10.hostingpics.net/pics/949407futon_designer_list.png
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/673/futondesignershow.png
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7909/futondesignerview.png

I'm sending this email to get some constructive feedback on this add-on before any attempt
of having it included in the CouchDB official tarball.

To try it :

download the zipfile @ http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TW954Q39

Move designer.html and the designer folder to [your couchdb install dir]/share/couchdb/www

Point your browser to http://souch-server:5984/_utils/designer.html?[database name] , where
[database name] is the name of an existing database (containing at least 1 design document).

Any feedback welcome

Mickael