From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: silent view index file corruption
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 18:05:02 GMT
Being able to start a consistency checking task (that shows up in
_active_tasks, etc) would be useful. I don't think it's something that
ought to happen automatically, though. Possibly in the case where
corruption is actually detected?

I'd like;

a) checksums on *everything* (don't care for crc32 vs fnv1a vs md5 vs
sha1 debate, anything is massively better than nothing).
b) ability to launch end-to-end verification of all checksums (with
progress if possible).
c) ability to store/retrieve verification checkpoints.

Further to c), it would be useful to have API access to replication
checkpoints. Specifically so that we can interrogate one couchdb
instance and get some idea for how up to date it is with respect to
its replicas (which may be unreachable or offline).

B.