From Cliff Stanford <>
Subject New install feedback
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:58:07 GMT
Not sure if this is useful feedback or not.  I have just done a new
install of CouchDB 0.11 on Fedora 11.  This was done from the svn 0.11

sudo make install

First problem was that no couchdb user was installed and couch's
directories were owned by root 0755.

I then ran the test suite and got the following:

    1. Assertion failed:"3") == null

    1. Assertion failed: CouchDB.login("", "funnybone").ok
    2. Assertion failed: CouchDB.session() ==
    3. Assertion failed: false && "can't open a doc from a secret db"
    4. Assertion failed: CouchDB.login("", "funnybone").ok
    5. Assertion failed: CouchDB.login("", "funnybone").ok
    6. Assertion failed:
CouchDB.session().userCtx.roles.indexOf("_admin") == -1

    1. Assertion 'triggered, "We managed to force a all_dbs_active
error."' failed: We managed to force a all_dbs_active error.

Rerunning the test suite reproduced all but the first problem.

I then changed the ownership on /usr/local/etc/couchdb and its contents
to the couchdb user.

Only the stats test failed.  The test suite appears to add a
[couch_httpd_auth] section with a random secret to local.ini, and leave
it there.

FWIW, it also left a load of databases there that needed cleaning up.

Cliff Stanford
Might Limited                           +44 845 0045 666 (Office)
Suite 67, Dorset House                  +44 7973 616 666 (Mobile)
Duke Street, Chelmsford, CM1 1TB

View raw message