From Cliff Stanford <cl...@may.be>
Subject New install feedback
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 09:58:07 GMT
Not sure if this is useful feedback or not.  I have just done a new
install of CouchDB 0.11 on Fedora 11.  This was done from the svn 0.11
branch:

./bootstrap
./configure
make
sudo make install

First problem was that no couchdb user was installed and couch's
directories were owned by root 0755.

I then ran the test suite and got the following:

delayed_commits

    1. Assertion failed: db.open("3") == null

reader_acl

    1. Assertion failed: CouchDB.login("jchris@apache.org", "funnybone").ok
    2. Assertion failed: CouchDB.session().userCtx.name ==
"jchris@apache.org"
    3. Assertion failed: false && "can't open a doc from a secret db"
    4. Assertion failed: CouchDB.login("jchris@apache.org", "funnybone").ok
    5. Assertion failed: CouchDB.login("jchris@apache.org", "funnybone").ok
    6. Assertion failed:
CouchDB.session().userCtx.roles.indexOf("_admin") == -1

stats

    1. Assertion 'triggered, "We managed to force a all_dbs_active
error."' failed: We managed to force a all_dbs_active error.

Rerunning the test suite reproduced all but the first problem.

I then changed the ownership on /usr/local/etc/couchdb and its contents
to the couchdb user.

Only the stats test failed.  The test suite appears to add a
[couch_httpd_auth] section with a random secret to local.ini, and leave
it there.

FWIW, it also left a load of databases there that needed cleaning up.

Regards,
Cliff.

--
Cliff Stanford
Might Limited                           +44 845 0045 666 (Office)