From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Opacity of Seq
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 19:17:43 GMT
Now seems like a good time to raise this issue:

Right now the replication code assumes sequence tokens from the source
are integers and I think this is wrong. It prevents replication from
the Lounge, but beyond my personal interest there it feels to me like
it should be an opaque token. It's necessary to know their arrival
order so that it's clear what the highest fully replicated seq is when
making checkpoints. Enumerating these tokens and zipping them in
tuples means they can be compared as before but without making
assumptions about the type of the tokens themselves.

Before I set about on the patch, how would people feel about a change
like this? The format of the actual checkpoint document won't change
(only the HighSeq calculations in the replication code and some
zipping/unzipping in places).

Randall