From Dirkjan Ochtman <djc.ocht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Preserving seq order through replication
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 09:26:13 GMT
On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 20:27, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
> If we were to do this, I'd implement it that 2nd way, where the reader only hands over
contiguous blocks to the writer, and doesn't "get too far ahead of itself"

I think this would be very good to have. If it's really performance
sensitive, maybe making it optional would be useful.

But in practice, CouchDB already gets this correct some large
percentage of the time (at least it has in continuous replication, in
my application), so I think it would be pretty nice to have.

Adam, may I file an issue for you? I did try looking at the code
myself, but this code seems rather too involved for someone new at
Erlang.

BTW, some semi-related issue: would it be sensible to have an
include_docs option to changes feeds? Right now every line of the
continuous changes feed requires a doc fetch, it seems like a
no-brainer to have an option to just yield the doc along with the seq
update.

Cheers,

Dirkjan