From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: roadmap 0.11/1.0
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 07:10:05 GMT
On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> One feature I would like too would be the possibility to replicate a
> full node easyly. Maybe by having a global _changes handler, there are
> some patch without review on jira for that. or maybe another way. The
> point is that you can't really rely on continuous replication per db
> for all dbs if number db > 1000 to replicate one node to another in a
> failover mode. First this is a limit actualy, second it make it
> difficult to watch the process and revover in case of failure.
> Acutually I use drdb for this, but having the possibility to setup
> couchdb "slave" would be more portable. We shouldn't have to rely on
> the operating system or fs to do that.

Agreed - another cool patch would be adding more power to the
replicator panel in Futon. Things like listing all past replications,
having configured sets of replications, etc.

Then of course the cron functionality to execute those replications
without relying on an active browser window...

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net