From Sam Bisbee <sbis...@computervip.com>
Subject Re: Debian package about to be removed
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 22:57:29 GMT
On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 09:05:26AM +0000, Noah Slater wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have sent a few emails through to the list before about someone
> stepping up to help package CouchDB for Debian. I received an email from
> Sergei Golovan today saying that he's seen nothing from the original set
> of volunteers and that he's now considering removing it from the current
> release of Debian. I think this would be pretty bad.
>
> Is there anyone who's still interested in helping out here? We have an
> Ubuntu package, which was taken from the Debian package, so it would be
> nice if someone could co-ordinate pushing this back upstream.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Noah

Hey Noah,

I know that there was some small movement, but then nothing happened.

Personally I just don't have much time these days. I'll try to find some this
week, as I agree that Debian should have the latest and greatest, but probably
won't get a chance until this weekend.

Thanks for the prod,

--
Sam Bisbee