From eric casteleijn <eric.castele...@canonical.com>
Subject Validation functions and design documents
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 19:33:22 GMT
I was unpleasantly surprised today when I tried to implement a rather
critical piece of our infrastructure: the validation to prevent
replication of certain design documents which are run on our server
node(s). It appears that validation functions don't get called at all
when a design document is updated. I used the logging example from the
book:

http://books.couchdb.org/relax/reference/security#Update%20Validations%20Again

and this logs an entry for each update to a regular document, but is
eerily silent on updates to design documents.

Is there maybe a switch I can turn on in the .ini file, or a different
kind of validator I can use for this purpose?

--
- eric casteleijn
https://launchpad.net/~thisfred