From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Per-DB Auth Ideas and Proposal
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:33:40 GMT
On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 01:12, Chris Anderson <jchris@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > If calling out to Spidermonkey on reads isn't as awful of a performance
> hit
> > as I expect it to be then supporting Vlad's validate_doc_read proposal
> would
> > also make sense from symmetry arguments.
> >

> I agree, I think validate-on-read is worth benchmarking.

I don't actually see a problematic asymmetry. I think symmetry demands both
read and write acl or neither but it's fine to have only update validation.
For me 'validation' immediately brings to mind update operations for some
reason. Of course, go ahead and benchmark it, but I think it's
non-essential. My two cents.