From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB failing to open socket 5984 ?
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2009 07:59:21 GMT
On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 08:47:05AM +0100, Brian Candler wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 12:14:40PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> > > $ cat /tmp/couchdb.stderr
> >
> > And STDOUT?
>
> Neither /tmp/couchdb.stdout nor /tmp/couchdb.stderr is created.

Sorry, that was a garbled response.

When starting couchdb *directly at the command line* (without using the
init.d script), neither file is created. So then I ran the init.d script.

At this point, when the daemons are running, /tmp/couchdb.stdout is 1 byte
long. I presumed it was just a newline - I didn't cat it - but clearly it
wasn't anything interesting :-) When I killed the heart process it had more
data in there.

Regards,

Brian.