From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB failing to open socket 5984 ?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 08:47:09 GMT
> Hi Brian, can you help an apt-get neophyte out here?  It looks to me
> like Intrepid has R12B-3 and that R12B-5 is in Jaunty:

What I did was temporarily point my /etc/apt/sources.list to Jaunty,
"apt-get update" to refresh the package cache, installed Erlang, put
/etc/apt/sources.list back again, and "apt-get update" again.

That is, this procedure:
http://wiki.reia-lang.org/wiki/Installing_Erlang_on_Ubuntu

but substituting Jaunty for Intrepid.

Yes, I found the same as you for a fresh Jaunty install. I will try again
with a fresh Hardy install and let you know.

Regards,

Brian.