From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB failing to open socket 5984 ?
Date Tue, 08 Sep 2009 15:25:30 GMT
On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 02:45:00PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> Run:
>
>   sudo -u couchdb couchdb
>
> What happens?

I showed that in my first post. Nothing is output to the console. I also
gave an strace from this command.

> Edit:
>
>   /etc/default/couchdb

I have no such file. This is couchdb built from source, not installed from a
package.

> Point the log files to something under /tmp instead of /dev/null

There is no reference to /dev/null in /usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini

Here's what I have:

$ grep log /usr/local/etc/couchdb/default.ini
[log]
file = /usr/local/var/log/couchdb/couch.log
_log = {couch_httpd_misc_handlers, handle_log_req}

As I said before, nothing is being appended to couch.log. The permissions
are correct. Older versions of couchdb write to it happily.

Regards,

Brian.