From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website redesign
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:40:52 GMT

On 9 Aug 2009, at 19:48, maddiin wrote:

> I've attached a new stylesheet and logo regarding the latest
> concerns. Jan, please throw them into couch-site.
>> FWIW, I prefer the new look :) I'm sure there's some detail work
>> needed and we need to work on the content, too, but it'd be great
>> if we get somebody to feel responsible for the visuals. Maddiin,
>> would you be interested?
> Yes.
>
>> Actually, I'll expand that a little. It would be nice to have
>> someone who was generally responsible for: * Keeping our main site
>> up to date. * Performing general housekeeping activity on the wiki.
>> * Keeping an official blog up to date with news from the community.
>
> I would volunteer for the blog and maybe the wiki housekeeping, but
> I think someone who really is fluent in spoken and written english
> should be chosen. I could assist however.

 From what I read here your english is more than adequate for the
jobâ„¢. We can always have native speakers clean up thinks, but don't
let your non-nativism discourage you :)

> As for the wiki, I think about making a theme that matches the new
> layout. Is it planned to swap the wiki software at some point? (I
> somehow remember an IRC conversation about this.)

I'd love a replicating CouchDB-based wiki software that we could ship
with CouchDB which serves as offline-available online documentation
that is editable. I started writing a generic CouchDB wiki but never
got far. Maybe somebody else can step up? But maybe I'm the only one
who likes the replicating wiki :)

Cheers
Jan