From Jason Davies <ja...@jasondavies.com>
Subject Re: Website redesign
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 17:45:19 GMT
On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 01:33:40PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 02:22:25PM +0200, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> > http://people.apache.org/~jan/couchdb.org.new/couch-classic/htdocs/
> >
> > FWIW, I prefer the new look :) I'm sure there's some detail work needed
> > and we need to work on the content, too, but it'd be great if we get
> > somebody to feel responsible for the visuals. Maddiin, would you be
> > interested?
>
> Actually, I'll expand that a little.
>
> It would be nice to have someone who was generally responsible for:
>
>   * Keeping our main site up to date.
>
>   * Performing general housekeeping activity on the wiki.
>
>   * Keeping an official blog up to date with news from the community.
>
> Of course, we don't actually have a blog yet, but infrastructure can give us an
> ASF hosted one if we ask for it. I think it's about time we had a central place
> people can subscribe to an official CouchDB news feed.

+1 on the idea of an official blog, I think it would help build the community
by giving people a low-traffic way to keep up with general goings-on in the
CouchDB world.  We do have http://planet.couchdb.org/ but it's a bit
information-dense compared with some kind of weekly round-up.

--
Jason Davies

www.jasondavies.com