From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website redesign
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 12:33:40 GMT
On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 02:22:25PM +0200, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> http://people.apache.org/~jan/couchdb.org.new/couch-classic/htdocs/
>
> FWIW, I prefer the new look :) I'm sure there's some detail work needed
> and we need to work on the content, too, but it'd be great if we get
> somebody to feel responsible for the visuals. Maddiin, would you be
> interested?

Actually, I'll expand that a little.

It would be nice to have someone who was generally responsible for:

  * Keeping our main site up to date.

  * Performing general housekeeping activity on the wiki.

  * Keeping an official blog up to date with news from the community.

Of course, we don't actually have a blog yet, but infrastructure can give us an
ASF hosted one if we ask for it. I think it's about time we had a central place
people can subscribe to an official CouchDB news feed.

Thanks,