From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website redesign
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:06:32 GMT
On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 09:17:24PM +0200, maddiin wrote:
>   1. "Classic" color scheme <http://twitpic.com/cndv0>

Nice.

>   2. "Planet" color scheme <http://twitpic.com/cne19>

Wow, this is fantastic.

To make this even better, I think we need to:

  * Reduce the size of the logo.

  * Get the word Apache in there somewhere subtle.

  * Come up with a few variants of using the strap line "Time to relax"

  * Maybe do something to the navigation bar. Not sure what, really. Add left
    and right margin to match the body section, I guess. Other than that, I just
    feel it's missing something. Heh.

Adding "Apache" and "Time to relax" to the header could be done in a number of
ways. The strap line could be moved off to the right, and added with quotation
marks, while "Apache" is added in grey above "CouchDB". Not sure, there's a lot
of room for experimentation here.

Thanks again, this is really great work!

Best,