From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: POST with _id
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 18:27:00 GMT

On 3 Aug 2009, at 20:19, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Jan Lehnardt<jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 3 Aug 2009, at 19:37, Paul Davis wrote:
>>
>>> Either way, perhaps we should poll the community and see what the
>>> general consensus would be for respecting an _id or _rev in the POST
>>> body?
>>
>> “Be strict in what you send, but generous in what you receive” — The
>> Internets
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>>

> Does that mean I should write a patch to respect _id/_rev members?

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to assign any patches :)

I remember stumbling over this at least twice in the (distant) past. I
prefer the forced PUT, but then I'm also the one to argue intuitive
APIs. Considering no downsides (usually Damien adds or leaves out
features for a reason), I don't see anything wrong with Brian's
proposal.

Cheers
Jan