From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rewriting URLs
Date Sun, 05 Jul 2009 18:22:43 GMT
On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Noah Slater<nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 10:25:50AM +0100, Jason Davies wrote:
>> I made handle_rewrite_req so it can be configured as [httpd] default_handler.
>
> Fantastic!
>
>> [couch_httpd_rewrite]
>> {"jason.mydomain.com", 80, "/"} = {"mydb", "rootapp"}
>> {"jason.mydomain.com", 80, "/blog"} = {"mydb", "blogapp"}
>
> Looks good to me!

I think we should keep in mind that we don't want to break the ability
to replicate. Maybe a /db/_replicate channel that we don't break or
something...

I do like all the power these give us. Maybe it's worth thinking about
applying all the rewrite magic on a non-5984 port so we don't have to
worry about not breaking the database. Complicated.

>> I think people will probably want some kind of wildcard matching too though.
>
> What's the use case?
>
> Best,
>
> --

Chris Anderson