From Michael McDaniel <couc...@autosys.us>
Subject Re: View Performance (was Re: The 1.0 Thread)
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 19:52:22 GMT
On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 12:29:08PM -0700, Scott Shumaker wrote:
> The erlang view server does sound like it would be a big performance
> win - although I think it will make CouchDB meet with more resistance
> to mass-adoption if it becomes the preferred view path - simply

 Though someone could write a parse transformer so that
 scripts entered via, e.g. Futon, could be closer to the
 default javascript syntax, even when using an Erlang
 view server (e.g. erlview).

 Or even write wrappers which used more generally-familiar
 syntax.  I started to do that with erlview, write wrappers
 which helped simplify view writing.

~Michael

--
Michael McDaniel