From Tamas Nagy <tamas.n...@erlang-consulting.com>
Subject Re: Timetable for 0.10.0
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 10:00:49 GMT
Hi Adam,

What kind of control of the socket behaviour? lhttpc might be a good
candidate as well as it is steadily building up its feature set with
things which are necessary for couchdb. (like chunked).
Arguably ibrowse is a much mature client supporting a lot of different
options (and lhttpc might not have all the required features yet), but
with the recent introduction of using binaries combined with the long
lived processes inside ibrowse can result in nasty memory blowups as
binaries are reference counted in the VM hence the GC might not be
able to get rid of the huge binaries fast enough during data transfer.

Regards,
	Tamas

Tamas Nagy
Erlang Training & Consulting