From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r782292 - /couchdb/branches/list-iterator/
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2009 18:28:30 GMT
On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 11:05 AM, <jchris@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jchris
> Date: Sat Jun  6 18:05:54 2009
> New Revision: 782292

> Log:
> branch for previwing the list iterator patch

I've added a branch which contains the _list iterator API. It is
cleaned up and tested to my satisfaction. I'd like to bring this into
trunk for 0.10 if there are no objections. Please start porting your
applications that run list functions to the new API and let me know if
it's not way better. :) Thanks Damien for the API suggestion at
CouchHack.

This branch also lays the groundwork for adding more capabilities to
the query server, like Jason Davies' _update patch and a _filter for
_changes.

Externals like couchdb-lucene shouldn't be effected by this but it's
worth testing them against the branch. Also, I'm considering moving
externals over to this API eventually as well (if external authors are
into it) just so we have a unified protocol.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net