From Brian Candler <B.Cand...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: PUT and rev query string
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 09:55:27 GMT
On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 05:12:51PM -0400, Damien Katz wrote:
>> * DELETE lets you specify ...?rev=xxxx as part of the URL
>
> I did it this way so don't have have to put the _rev in a json body of
> the DELETE request.
>

>> * But PUT doesn't (it seems to ignore it)
>
> PUT and POST, you put the _rev in the json object.

When does POST use the _rev? Is this for POST uploads of attachments?

Putting that aside, I think the current matrix is something like this:

                  GET   PUT   DELETE
_id in URI        yes   yes   yes
_id in body       no    no    no
_rev in URI       yes   no    yes
_rev in If-Match  no    yes   yes
_rev in body      no    yes   no

Perhaps that's worth documenting somewhere.

Regards,

Brian.