From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Couchdb-erlang interface
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2009 17:21:52 GMT
On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 9:48 AM, kuganesan srijeyanthan
<srijeyanthan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> this year Apache foundation has been published couchDb-erlang interface
> project as Google summer of code, here i have some doubts regarding this ,
>  while we are implementing that interface what are the main functionality we
> have to concern other than HTTP API? Are we concentrate reverse proxy which
> have used for CouchDB?

The best way to implement something like this would be to first,
understand the HTTP API in depth, and then work on each endpoint (open
doc, save doc, view query, etc) as it's own Erlang function. The
couch_httpd_*.erl files are your best guide here.

I'm working on something like this right now but I don't know when
I'll be able to release it. In my implementation, everything is in a
single gen_server, but it can get a little more complicated when
automatic bulk-save or other asynchronous operations are involved.

If you make any progress, please do share - I'm sure a lot of people
would find it useful.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson