From "Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T" <dunde...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SysV init problems, 0.9.1 release? (was Re: svn commit: r761355 - in /couchdb/trunk: bin/couchdb.tpl.in configure.ac etc/init/couchdb.tpl.in var/Makefile.am)
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 04:26:00 GMT
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 02:34:38AM +0200, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> > +1 for the backport. And good find, I believe I stumbled over this
> > a few times and didn't think much of it and assumed an error on
> > my end.
>
> Essentially, it's a documentation bug. Kinda.
>
> I'm torn about doing a new release for it, really I am.
>
> Perhaps we should leave it a few weeks, see how we feel?
>
> --

This bit me a number of times already.  I figured it was do to frequent
builds I was doing or something else.  I would be +1 on putting it in a
0.9.1 but I would suggest holding off 2 weeks and incorporate any other
patches.  I suspect that .9.x. is going to be popular with people interested
but waiting for a packaged release if package maintainers know that there
will be a 0.9.1 coming in shortly, they'll wait and first impressions of
couchdb will be improved over a wider scope.

However, I don't have to do the work of building the release, Noah is the
one doing the work.

-Jeff Hinrichs