From Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: proposal draft
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 22:26:53 GMT
On 5/04/2009 2:19 AM, Noah Slater wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 01:18:19PM +1100, Mark Hammond wrote:
>>> Generating the Couch DB configuration files based on installation
>>> parameters.
>
> They are already, how do you mean?
>
>> I made reference to this in an earlier mail, but I've just discovered
>> that default.ini can happily use relative paths, making this task
>> magically vanish :)
>
> Do you have an example?

All INI files from the 0.8 Windows binary had absolute path names, which
obviously tied them to the installation path.  I'd assumed absolute
paths was a *requirement* (in which case the .ini files would need to be
generated at install time) but it turns out it is not - I've got couch
running on Windows using only relative paths in the INI file, meaning it
can be 'portable' with respect to where it is run from.

Hope this clarifies,

Mark