From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pig, et al?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:45:36 GMT
A compiler could be a good option for doing this, but AFAICT many Pig
examples would seem to operate as a sequence of view operations. So,
if I had to implement this as a front-end/client DSL, it seems that I
would lose the potential to interleave Pig operations to take
advantage of pipelining optimizations. Oh well...

Perhaps a higher-order JavaScript library, to DRY up views, would be
more pragmatic...?