From Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.9 release
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 16:27:05 GMT
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 08:18:39AM -0800, Chris Anderson wrote:
>> I'd like to propose that we try to do 0.9.1 0.9.2 0.9.3 etc on a
>> regular basis as well. Getting releases out more often will help make
>> bug reports and everything a lot more clear, as well as making sure
>> that the release machinery doesn't get cobwebs.
>
> I am the release machinery, and I can report that I have no cobwebs.
>
> I can also report that making a release takes a minimum of three days because of
> the necessary vote and resolution, which is quite time consuming, so I would like
> to keep releases moderately infrequent, within reason.

Sure thing. I suppose it's more the habit of releasing often that I'm
thinking of. There are a lot of numbers between 0.8.1 and 0.9.0 that
we didn't use. Which is probably because we were moving from Incubator
etc. I know we don't have to use them all, but releasing at minimum
once a month would be a user-friendly thing to do.

> There are three on my pile which I'd like to fix before the release.

Maybe you can squash them before the end of the week?

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com